Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Progress of Music Magazine 16/12/14

In this post I describe what I have currently created for my Music magazine named Crunch.

In my latest progress I have created a title for my magazine, a main sell line and I have started following the plan of my flat plan for my magazine. To create the magazine I have used Abode Photoshop CC 2014 software as the photoshop software allow me a wide variety of choice to create and edit to envision my magazine to look professional.

 To create the title I used a free software called Da Font (http://www.dafont.com) as it allows me a wider and more creative choice of text to use to make my magazine look more conventional and therefore more professional.  Using the Da Font software I chose the 28 Days Later font to use for my masthead as it looked very conventional as I have seen from past research and very professional. I then inserted a dark grey background to give the masthead some depth, however I was unhappy with leaving it with just a background as it seemed to sharp when I applied it to my magazine and that made it look very two dimensional and unprofessional looking, so I then added a lighter shade of grey as a boarder around the text and over the background using the paintbrush tool to carefully go around the text of my masthead and I used the paint tool as that gives me a good flexibility to give a conventional and professional looking border around my masthead. I then used the eraser tool to erase the excess around the painted boarder to make the the masthead look cleaner for a more professional touch. After I was finished with creating my masthead I then selected all my layers and merged all visible layers using the "merge visible" option. I used this option so that it was cleaner to use on my Magazine front cover by not adding excessive layers to the front cover of my magazine.

For my main sell line I used the same font as the title which was the 28 Days Later font and then added a background of grey to the text. I decided not to use a border because as I have learned from my research would seem unconventional and it would make my masthead for my magazine less unique so I just kept the main sell line as a simple background, however I decided to make the background softer by using the eraser tool around the edges of my magazine to make the background softer and more professional looking. I then decided to add a bright colour of red to my main sell line text and I used the paint tool to achieve this by filling in all the gaps within the text and adding a boarder around each individual letter of my main sell line. The purpose of adding colour to my main sell line was to create and generate attention to catch my target audiences eye so that they will be drawn to pick up the magazine. I then used the same process of merging layers using the "merge visible" option for the same reasons as why i merged the layers for my masthead.
After I had created the main sell line and masthead for my magazine I then added them both to my magazine cover which I had also created the backgrounds and one sell line beforehand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment