Monday, 13 October 2014

Magazine Proposal


What Genre of magazine will you make and who will be your primary audience?  

 

I am going to create a music magazine for a primary audience who are interested within the genre of rock as that is a predecessor to many sub-genres that can appeal to a wide variety of people who are interested with the genre.  I will be choosing a unisex audience for my magazine, as the amount of rock bands there are within the audience do not cater to a specific gender and that my genre also appeals to fans of both genders. The age range for my target audience will be aimed towards 16-20 year olds as that is the target audience that will want to be more energetic with the genre of music I have chosen as they want to go out to multiple “gigs” and go and see the bands they read about in their blog. In terms of socio-economic groups my magazine will be aimed towards a C2 group who are skilled manual workers such as electricians and this magazine is also aimed towards the socio-economic group D who are semi-skilled and unskilled manual workers such as assembly line workers and refuse collectors. I chose these groups because these are the groups that are quite youthful and are willing to go out to gigs and music festivals and they are also the groups that are most interested in the genre of rock and its sub-genres.

 

Which Magazines exist that are similar to yours?

 

There are multiple magazines that exist similar to the genre I am going to create a magazine for such as Kerrang! Magazine, which is a magazine, centered on the genre of rock and its sub-genres, targeting multiple target audiences for its magazine with sell lines that appeal to multiple audiences with the use of multiple bands within the rock genre.  There is also Rock Magazine, which is similar to Kerrang! Magazine except it is magazine targeted for an older unisex audience of 25+ with the use of more cleaner font and calmer backgrounds that maybe deemed more mature for a more mature audience as opposed to Kerrang! Magazine which maybe deemed as a more energetic font and magazine for a younger audience. These magazine are useful to me as they provide a template into what the audience expectations from a rock genre focused magazine, they also show me conventions into what my magazine will require to fulfill audience expectations and will show me a conventional structure in which will help me understand my target audience as it will show what there expectations are to read within the genre of the magazine.

 

How will you research your magazine?

 

I will research my magazine by researching, who are the current most popular bands of the time within the genre or rock. I will also research reviews of some of the most popular singles and albums of the current time research about the language and vocabulary used with the review. I can also research about interviews with bands of the chosen genre to see what topics bands of the genre I research discuss about. I can research these by buying issues of Rock magazines and observe their layout and the topics they include within it. I can also research on the internet for examples of magazines within my chosen genre, I also will be using the use of questionnaires to find out what content my audience like and expect to see within a magazine. I have also chosen to use focus groups to gain feedback on what more people would like to expect to see within my magazine and also offer constructive criticism so that I can improve my magazine. I have chosen these methods of research with my target socio-economic groups in mind as that is my target audience I am selling my magazine towards so I can gain maximum attention of my target audience.

 

Where will you get your images from? What will they be of?

 

My Images I will obtain from using a camera and I will take mid shots and close up shots of models with appropriate clothes props and instrumental props to make the images fit within the convention of the genre to fulfill audience expectations, I can also obtain images of band logos and Album covers of multiple bands that fit within the genre for the magazine so that it also fulfills audience expectations.

 

What will be the name of your magazine? Why?

 

I will name my magazine “Crunch” as the name gives a meaning for a distinctive or dominant masthead of a magazine that also sounds energetic with a cheeky modern aggressive tone which helps to gain the attention of the age range of my primary target audience, and these conventions link in with my magazine because it fulfils the present audiences expectations.

 

How will you ensure your magazine looks both professional and original?

 

My magazine will because the title of my magazine has never been used before, the artist’s I will include will be original, as they will have never been heard before and therefore will add more uniqueness to my magazine. My Magazine will look more professional as I will include all the legal aspects that are conventional to see on a, magazine such as a barcode for example as well as following the conventions of a magazine such as the use of a masthead and the masthead will be a masthead of the main image which will be the band I will be using within my magazine, and I will also make my magazine follow a certain conventional style of colour so that no colours I will use will feel out of place or look odd which may cause the magazine to look unprofessional.

No comments:

Post a Comment