The group then will give me visual feedback on what I have explained to them and offewr me any constuctive criticism on what I have proposed and explained to them.
One of the first points I noticed about the
focus groups feedback is that they all decided that the name “Crunch” was
better than “Spike” and that spike sounded too aggressive and that “Crunch”
sounded a lot more appropriate and related to the genre of rock as quoted by
Ellis Hilton “Crunch sounds less aggressive which will appeal to more people as
an example” as an example of my feedback I have received. I was considering calling the magazine "Spike" as it sounded more aggressive and youthful which io thought may have had more of an appeal towards my target audience.
I agree with Ellis and the rest of the
focus group that “Spike” did sound too aggressive, which could have alienated
demographics within my target audience.
The second point I noticed from my focus
group is that there were mixed reviews about my choice of colour for my
magazine such as Siena Matkin had commented “The colours go well with the
magazine” as opposed to the comment made by Hannah Herraghty “Colour seems
masculine which is good if your target audience is predominantly male”.
I personally think that I will need to use
less choice of colour than I proposed to the focus group so that I do not clutter
the magazine in too many colours which may distract my target audience from
reading so I will keep to three conventional colours of black, white and yellow
as opposed to black, yellow, white, green and red as the three colours are
defiantly gender neutral and therefore will appeal to more of my target
audience as it allows less people to feel alienated to read my target magazine.
The third point that I noticed was that the
focus group did like the idea of the images that linked with the double page
spread of the magazine such as Emily commented “Cover and DPS link – good as it
informs the reader they are the featured interview” meaning that this shows
that I am following convention of a magazine.
I agree with Emily in that I feel that the
main image should be linked with the highlighted article with the magazine, as
that is typical convention for magazines in general.
The fourth point I noticed was that I was
to make sure that the style of the magazine appealed to the socio-economic
group that I am advertising my magazine too such as Siena Matkin commented
“Make sure that the style of the magazine would attract 16-20 year olds (target
audience). Make sure it is not expensive”
I agree with Siena Matkin in that I should
consider every aspect of my magazine to appeal to my target audience in order
to maximize interest for reader of my target audience and this also includes
the price of the magazine.
What my focus group may not have considered
was who my band/artist may be and how would that artist/band link towards my
magazine? Would I require props? Would I require a dress code to follow
convention of my magazines genre?
I personally consider that I will require a
dress code is required to show what genre is being displayed for my main image
and double page spread of my magazine to attract my target audience however I
find props optional as I have seen very few magazine covers with main images
with props within them so I think I will not be using props for the main cover
of the magazine however I will need to consider musical props for my double
page spread as while its still optional to obtain one in an image for my double
page spread, it adds variety of imagery for my magazine.
I can use the feedback from my focus group
to ensure that my magazine will be a complete success as it shows me that I am
on target for following conventions of both magazines and music magazine genres
and that shows me that my magazine will be a success as fulfilling conventions
which fulfill my target audiences expectations.
No comments:
Post a Comment